It's been a while and I hope everyone's 2014 has been off to a great start. I wanted to quickly update everyone on the neighborhood news.
- City Council approved funding for the sidewalks on 23rd Street (YAY!). No word on when they might start.
- The City has installed the frost free hydrant at Swatek Park, we will be contacting Robert Hamilton to plant the new trees in March.
- Our Annual Neighborhood Elections will be held at the end of March in conjunction with the Chili Cook-Off or Dessert (Exact date and location forthcoming)
- Close to 20 people have expressed interest in volunteering for Swatek Park tree maintenance (if you are interested please fill out the OKC volunteer release form--see attached)
- I plan on contacting Midwest City Trophy to see if they can reproduce the neighborhood plaques and the cost and quantity required per order. (if interested let me know)
Lastly, we will be soliciting local businesses to advertise on our banners for services/products that may be desirable to those of us in the neighborhood. I wanted to extend the offer to our neighbors first who may own a business and are interested in advertising. A total of 5 slots are available for the home page (977px x 316px) @ $20/month and 5 slots are available on the blog page (977px x 121px) for $10/month. Please let me know if interested.